Dear Your Future Self,
In 2-3 weeks time, you will have answers.
Answers that give you joy, answers that may bring relief, answers that leave you with a thousand emotions no words could express, answers that will change your perspective forever. Your answers may be filled, only to have 1,000 more questions. The answers may leave you with a peace and reassurance of life’s purpose or have you question the “What if’s”.
Answers that will not answer your seeking answers, answers that will only leave you searching once more, and answers that will make you question your questions.
The Answers may not be the answers you were hoping for. The DNA results may leave you questioning, “where is my family?”, “Do they really want me”, “Did they read the article…15 million+ people have already read it”, and “Where are you?”
But either way I am writing to my future self, praising God in the waiting and waiting with Hope in this incredible AMAZING AWEsome journey that only God would allow.
In the Bible, the number 40 is significant and God specifically used this symbolism throughout events in the Bible.
40 represents a period of testing and trial.
– God tells Noah He will send a flood for 40 days and 40 nights.(Genesis 7: 17)
– “After 40 days Noah opened the window he had made in the boat…” (Genesis 8:6)
– “Moses disappeared into the cloud as he climbed higher up the mountain. He remained on the mountain forty days and forty nights” (Exodus 24:18)
– 40 years in the wilderness…(Numbers 14:34)
– Jonah gave the people of Ninevah 40 days to repent or the town will be destroyed. (Jonah 3)
– Jesus fasted and was tempted in the desert for 40 days.(Matthew 4:2)
– Jesus appeared to his disciples 40 days after his resurrection from the dead.
My Journey to Finding my family
– 40 weeks I was formed and created in my mother’s womb
– 40 weeks from the time I was taken to the police station to the time I met my Forever Family. (Not the day I was born)
– 40 days I prayed during my time before leaving back to China in 2017 to the last day in China.
– ~40 weeks Since I left China until the DNA results returned.